Emjay tagged but politely asked me to write eight random things about myself. So here ya' go:
- This sort of thing can be very difficult for me. As I float between different moods and facets of my life the resulting random mentions might be shocking to anyone who knows me. Far too many people who know me also know about this blog! Lately I've been in no mood for self-expression. Tonight I'm in a transitional mood.
- I can't figure out what to do with my hair! You'd think, after all these years, I'd have figured it out. You'd think that, like most guys, I'd have settled on a style I liked when I was in high school or college and just stuck with that for the rest of my life. I haven't fixated on that "look," except that my hair sometimes looks like it did at some time in the past because I ask my cutters to make effortless for me to maintain –I don't style— and there are just so many ways to make hair effortless. Maybe the "Einstein" look. Gad, I need to go in again and don't know what to ask her to do!
- After all these years most guys my age would just be happy to have their hair! I know I am. So, while I don't know what to do with it, I'm glad I've got it.
- I used to be a member of Mensa. Then I realized I wasn't getting my money's worth out of the seemingly high dues and quit paying them. Was that smart?
- Money, or more correctly the lack of it, has always stood in my way. I've always seen it as an obstacle to my accomplishing things.
- So if I'm so smart, why am I not rich? I'm smart enough to know I wouldn't be happy doing the things that would make me rich. In fact, I'd probably hate myself and the life I created getting the money.
- I can't stand rich, snotty celebrities, especially certain young women. I'm sick of hearing about the mating habits of the rich and famous. Unfortunately, they're allowed to reproduce.
- Happily, there's enough material comfort around me that I can't really complain too much about the way life has gone. Food, clean and warm place to stay, nice toys. Better than the majority of the world's people. If I had a lot more money, I'd probably just spend it on candy.